During one of my recent migrations from an on premise Exchange to Office 365 some people complained to me that some distribution group members didn’t receive messages send to this distribution group.
During my tests I’ve noticed that the external Anti-Spam solution didn’t accepted the messages he received for the external recipients. I also noticed that the sender was not getting any non-delivery reports.
After some investigation I found out that the distribution group parameter “ReportToOriginatorEnabled” in Exchange Online by default is set to False, which is different from the on premise Exchange version where this parameter is by default set to True.
To fix this behavior I used PowerShell:
Set-DistributionGroup “<DistributionGroupName>” – ReportToOriginatorEnabled $true
Submitted by Bart Roels – https://twitter.com/FomeZ – @FomeZ